Earthworms [Done]

I'd like to start a compost for my plants and need some worms. I also plan to feed some worms to my fish as a treat once in awhile. Could I just go into my parents garden and dig up some wigglers, or should I buy some from a worm farm/store...there are people who grow worms right?

Are there any other critters that would be good at composting and that I could feed to my fish?

Edited by DragonNeko

You can just dig up works, but they grow quite large. The ones you can buy for composting stay relatively small, but you still have to chop them up for fish that can live in small tanks long term.

Try the General Store on Whyte Ave, Red Wigglers, that's where I use to buy them. Don't tell them that you are feeding them to your fish.

Try the General Store on Whyte Ave, Red Wigglers, that's where I use to buy them. Don't tell them that you are feeding them to your fish.

Thank you :) Why should I not tell them I'm feeding them to fish?

the fishing hole sells 60 packs of large earth worms. a few of those and your off to the races

the fishing hole sells 60 packs of large earth worms. a few of those and your off to the races

Thank you! It's good to know where to buy them if I can't find enough digging around town.

I have used red wigglers as composters. The most important thing is setting up the container. Using the correct sub-straight is important. Peat moss, sand and good ole garden dirt is required for them to have grit for their gut. I have been considering setting up another colony, they are really good at eating the salad scraps. Once your colony is growing strong, you will have plenty of fish food!

I have used red wigglers as composters. The most important thing is setting up the container. Using the correct sub-straight is important. Peat moss, sand and good ole garden dirt is required for them to have grit for their gut. I have been considering setting up another colony, they are really good at eating the salad scraps. Once your colony is growing strong, you will have plenty of fish food!

Thank you! I didn't think there would be that much involved in setting one up. I'll make sure to do all of that :)

Edited by DragonNeko