wtf i have a dumb oscar

fish_man

well a wial back my oscar bit the head off of a bicher, it was cool with me tho i got a replacement. well last night i brought home a small channel cat and a fire eel. the eels fine but cant find me channel cat. so tonight i brought home 1 more channel cat to be buddies with the other and 2 fancy clown knifes thinkin eh they'll be fine with the oscar. hell no. as soon as the clowns were in the sob oscar tries to eat it. i thought it was dead but i got it out and its only missing 1 eye and is really torn on its one side, i was pretty pissed after loosing my job like 1 hour b4 that i just about killed the oscar. now the clowns are in there own tank and i put the channel and the fire eel in with them. i never feed my oscar live food so i dont know why he eats every thing i put in with him

Madness is right.

You've heard the story of the turtle and the scorpion?

Morale of the story: It's their nature.

PS. I'm sorry to hear you lost your job. Keep your chin up k? There are lots of jobs around and hope you find something you like soon.

Edited by wandj

My O's have temper tantrums sometimes - whether what they are biting is able to fit in it's mouth or not. Once in a while they go after the pleco that is in with them and he's bigger than the Oscars. I even had an Oscar take a chunk out of me once - he had been a real prick to the other Oscar I had in with him, but biting me was the end of the line for him, if you get what I mean. Still got the scar to prove it :grr:

well they rehired me friday morning becuse they found out the guy was lieing about me stealing and so they gave me my job back and a raise and a bunch o stuff, ther in a 29 gall or 33 gall i dont know but hes 4-5 inchs and the clown was 4-5 inchs also so i was suprised he could stuff it half way down.

Tanks size is your problem

A 75 is ideally minimum for an oscar and one unobtrusive friend

You need a big tank for a clown knife (6x3x2) (fish gets 2 feet+) and a massive coldwatter pond for a channel cat (4 foot fish)

Edited by vantgE