Betta Community Tank & Feeding

Fin2you

Ok so I've had betta's a bunch b4 but never in a community, I'm wondering if the sinking catfish pellets & algae wafers I'm feeding the habrosus & julii cory's & the snails, are bad for the Betta b/c he's eatting them! I swear this betta thinks he's a cory.....

ok thanx so much, on the betta forum I joined it's all "it's going to kill your betta, he can't be housed in a community"

When I still had my 55g neon tetra & guppy tank I always had a male betta in it. Never any issues, and the betta usually lived for 5-8 years.

He also helped eat my shirmp pellets with no ill effects.

well now I think I know where I'll stick to for my advice!!!

I have a very happy if not odd ball community tank. 10Gal (heated & filtered, though I'm considering upgrading my filter to a bigger size) 3 habrosus & 2 julii cory's, 3 spixi snails, 1 mystery snail & then my royal blue VT male betta.

on the betta form it was NO Snails, tetras & guppys too mean.... the only thing suggested was the cory's but then I got given it b/c I had 2 different species & not enough of either for a proper "school"... well I tried but 3 habrosus & 7julii's have died on me in the process of trying for 5 of 1 species. I was sure the 3 habrosus were gonna die so I got 2 different batches of julii only to have them die quickly on me. these 5 are happy and healthy so they can be their own school and they're fine with it

My betta community has been disbanded. Fin the betta attacked the cory's & 1 snail this morning. lost 2 cory's possibly 2 more. Not sure if the snail is going to be ok, he took a good fall & after I finished rearranging (set up my betta tank with some gravel and decorations from the big tank) I put the snail in a safe spot & offered him his favorite catfish pellet (seems he likes the cheaper Nutrafin over the other brand that was recommended for my cory's!).