Odyssea T5 Ho Fixtures

ckmullin

Aside from the past problematic experiences that I'm sure most of us are aware existed with this brand, I was wondering if any member had bought T5 HO fixtures within the past 12 months. I've read more and more reviews in the past few months on the net about the Odyssea brand solving their problems to have a half decent low cost product line.

How was your fixture?

How was your experience with customer service with aquatraders?

If anybody does know...The Odyssea brand, is it aquatraders in house brand as similar as Walmart has GreatValue?

( in just looking more it seems in general Odyssea is a just a chinese brandname as it's even on the round of wholesale china sites: http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=ODYSSEA )

I'm looking at an entry level T5HO and just cannot bring myself to pay $300+ at least for now.

I have 2 20" 2 bulb fixtures. I got them in February. Seem to be working fine. I purchased them from eBay, I don't remember from who.

They are sleek and can fit a range of tank sizes. The only problem I have is that they said it would fit my 10 gallon but it kinda doesn't. The feet that come with it make it too wide so I ended up just using one of them and the light is lopsided on top of the tank. I'm not sure what they did to the feet in their pic but it is not a configuration that is possible out of the box.

If your looking for T5 HO get sunblasters. Way cheaper, probably available locally (in Edmonton for sure) they just take some DIY for mounting.