And For My Next Trick__(Insert Catchy Tag Here?)__!

Jayba

Wasn't really sure where to post this, so here it is. 75 Gallon, big 'ol piece of driftwood from Tom Barr in Texas (Via Skygirl)sand, rocks, and 5 pleco caves burried in at strategic locations.

Stock will be some sort of plants, 9 L-046 Zebra and a couple designer ancistrus I have been creating and one species of Rainbow Fish from Rainbowric. The tank will be dimly lit and about 82-84 degrees. Then, with any luck, the fish will get all hot and bothered then get busy breeding

So far I have some fish in there just to double check the bio filter, but it looks fine so far.

IMG_9158.jpg

Looks like a home that any rainbowfish couldn't turn down, however these are not just any rainbowfish. The Great G. wanamensis (The Emerald Rainbowfish) from Lake Wanam a very warm lake that averaged around the 80 to 82 degree range. This is the temp that this rainbowfish really excells at. The wanam is now extinct in the wild and many efforts to restore has failed and up until recently is was assumed in the USA that the true wanamensis was very close to being extinct from the captivity. But a we found a group of the last remaining species, and figured it out, that this fish likes warm water.

This guy pictured below is still young and only just over 2 inches in length, and fins still short, but starting to grow out quite nice.

IMG_6289.jpg

IMG_6292.jpg

I believe your wish for a school of these guys to fill this tank is going to come true Jay!

Regards,

Ric

Edited by Rainbowric

I can attest to those fish looking great! Picked up a couple pair from Ric and LOVE em!