Red Rili Shrimp - Your Opinion On The Breed!

ckmullin

so...good? bad? even ugly!

Like these guys? they hardy for our typically (hard) tapwater? typical prices? are they graded as typically CRS are graded? ...and any other answers you have for the questions i didn't ask!

any comments welcome! :D

I have very little ACTUAL knowledge on these guys but most of them I see are pure red (I know you can get them to look similar to CRS though) so I'm not really sure why you wouldn't just go with Cherry Red's or CRS instead. Just my 2 cents.

I think rilis are the same shrimp family as cherries. If you like em, then they are probably easier to breed than CRS because you can breed them in fresh fresh water I think. where as CRS require brackish. But then you are setting up a dedicated shrimpery aren't you? so that might not be an issue.

Yah, will just be a shrimp tank...those and mts. I thought Rillis might be less $ but for the basic grade shrimp...just about the same price. Seen some of that CRS candycane pattern with the Rillis so that is nice....but if they'd be just solid red I'd think the RCS would be better, more bang for the buck.

CRS don't need brackish water to breed. Quite the opposite actually, they need very soft water with low tds. RCS or cherry shrimp hardly need water. They breed like cockroaches. Rili shrimp are another selective breed of cherries, and typically cost a touch less than painted fire reds. Sakura shrimp are low grade painted fire reds.

I think rilis are the same shrimp family as cherries. If you like em, then they are probably easier to breed than CRS because you can breed them in fresh fresh water I think. where as CRS require brackish. But then you are setting up a dedicated shrimpery aren't you? so that might not be an issue.

I think you may be confusing them with Amano shrimp require salt water for the eggs to hatch :)

Rili IMHO they are hardy shrimps(hardier that cherries) breed easy, adapt quite well to different water parameters, cool patterns, they range from green/blue to withe to orange to red coloration. In my case I have several full white rilis with a couple red dots on the tails and full red legs. Those are the coolest. I'll post some pics of mine. In my opinion there's is no grading why?

Well you can have full red and tail red coloration on both parents but still the shrimplets will have random coloration, and because in my case it's a 1:1 rate(almost). Is not fair to say this one is a better grade. But what you can say, though, is if the rili almost looks like a cherry... Put it down b/c it's going to affet the patterns on the rilis and make the middle transparent part gone[if breeded]