Hob Breeding Traps

fishclubgirl

So I got one of the new HOB breeding traps that work like an aquaclear and just set it up. As I am tank space challenged, I quite like it. It's handy to throw whatever fry I find into and easy to feed them too. The only issue I have is it's full of fry already.... Might have to pick up some more.

• 2 weeks later...

Feedback on this after a couple of weeks: great idea but it didn't hold the fry. I put in some limia and molly fry and half are in the tank.

Bit bigger than an AC mini and I got it in cochrane. Trade you for some NLS grow??? Would be okay for larger fry ie cichlids....hint, hint....

Use a piece of sponge instead of the slotted gates that they provide.

but that would require some "diy" skill which is sadly lacking in the fishclubgirl household....

I'm pretty sure they're a Hagen deal. I've bought a few from PJs and Big Al's.

Use a piece of sponge instead of the slotted gates that they provide.

but that would require some "diy" skill which is sadly lacking in the fishclubgirl household....

I know, it is hard to use scissors to cut sponge just a bit bigger than the slotted gate. Myself I like to grab some filter floss and wrap it around the gate and then wedge it in.