Which Oto?

creekbottom

I have a 20 gallon planted tank, running DIY CO2. There is some algae but it's mostly under control. I have an abundance of that white yucky stuff coming out of my CO2 diffuser and I heard somewhere (here somewhere) that oto's love this stuff.

The tank has 10 bloodfin tetras and 2 amano shrimp. What kind of Oto is commonly found in Edmonton, or what is a good one to get? Or do I need to get more than one?

I have done some reading and it won't be the zebra oto. I was also looking at BN pleco's but those things are ugly (sorry for those that like them.)

thanks for any suggestions.

I'm not sure exactly what species of Oto it is that's commonly found around here, but if you get some I would suggest getting 3+. No idea if they'll eat the white stuff, just know they're good cleaners. There are also many other pleco species that stay small and are inexpensive :)

Almost all are wild caught, I beleive. The most common at O. afinnis or O. vitatus; both are common and are hard to tell apart. While not too difficult to spawn, the accounts I've read say they're very difficult to raise.