Neolamprologus Multifasciatus

flyfisher

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats! They're supposed to be the "guppies" of the shell dwellers! (in that they are prolific as heck!)

Wow prolific would be an understatement they could teach guppies how to get busy.I spotted the 1st fry at the beginning of Jan.today I noticed another smaller batch of fry which now makes four groups of different sizes.All from one female I was wondering how often they can spawn in a month?I don't have the ideal set up three males one female dominant male and female on one side of the 20g bachelors on the other separated by a rock pile with Java fern glued to it.

The females I had tended to lay 3-8 eggs every 5-8 days. The fry all grow up together and will defend one another. The fry will leave the shell within a week or so, and live around the base of it and in the space between shells until they get bigger and take up a shell themselves - unless you get some multies like I had that wanted absolutely nothing to do with shells. The sibling fry get along very well even into adulthood (which is not the case wihen adding new adult fish to the tank).

I know the pet store in Morinville has 10-20 multis - I gave her some fry a few years ago and they keep breeding in her tank.

Mine are currently being stubborn in the fry department, although I know I have at least 1 male and 1 female, not too sure about the other 2.