140G

jeremoose

Long time no post. So I just got a screamin' deal on a 140g (72"x18"x24") and took it home last night. It came with the tank itself and a Fluval 405 (I won't be using the 405 on this tank however).

The plastic trim on the top and bottom is cracked, is this a problem? If so, how do I fix it? What I wanted to do was neatly wrap electrical tape around and around the top part of the aquarium and just remove the bottom plastic, thoughts?

Anyways, here's some pictures of my newly built stand and the aquarium sitting in place.

Doing the fill-test in the back of my truck in the garage, JUST in case:

tankkx.jpg

Stand still in pieces:

standstarted.jpg

Stand, pre-paint:

standnearcompletion.jpg

Aquarium/stand in place:

tankstand.jpg

Sure makes the 60g look small:

bettercomparison.jpg

That last picture there I have the center hatch removed for filter installation and whatnot. Thanks for looking!

Edited by jeremoose

The trim doesn't really add any structural strength, so do with it what you will.

Nice score! :thumbs:

Added natural sand and a couple pieces of driftwood (haven't placed them yet, just dumped them in).

startinge.jpg

Going to make tops out of acrylic sheets but the store I went to only had one, so I bought it and I'll have to check around more tomorrow.

Did a quick scape today but I think we like it! Fish were also added as well as the filter and everything moved over.

scaped.jpg

Still need to work on tops and locate a light (or lights) as well as do a black background. My Texas Cichlid is now happily patrolling the 90g that these guys used to call home now as well.

• 3 months later...