Any Arowana Keepers Out There?

Reza

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone out there has an arowana, particulalrly the asian/australian type. Would like to see some pictures and discuss what foods you feed them. I'll post a couple pics of my Jardini later. I have such a hard time taking photos of him with my Canon A80. :(

~Reza~

I don't have any arowanna's now but i use to have lots off them back when i lived in BC i have to sell them all cuz they were too big to move. I have few silvers, a Jardini, a green & a redtail. I use to feed them crickets & pellets when they were small then i start to cut up prawns and feed them. Then when they get bigger then i feed pellets & half prawn w/shell to help them get better coloring and i sometimes feed them beef heart and crickets as a treat i dunno one arowanna that doesn't love crickets! I can't wait till i have more money and get a bigger tank and get a red later :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Wandj

My Jardini outgrew it's 4' tank, in short Medicdude got a cheap 90 gallon with stand and I had to buy a 6' 135 gallon a few weeks back. Sure it gets expensive but my wife agrees a large arowana swimming back and forth in the large tank looks great. I'm not looking forward to moving the jardini when I buy a house, right now he is 14" but when he gets to 18" I'm going to need a new net! :(

• 1 month later...

Reza,

Check out these websites about different color morphs for Jardinis. I believe that you may have lucked out and have acquired yourself a "super red jardini". The "gold jardinis" are also very sharp looking. What kind of pellets do you feed your aro? I wonder how much it will help to feed mine NLS color enhancing pellets.

http://www.aquariumslive.com/Archives/Apr03.html#2

http://www.aquariumhobbyist.com/ozarowana/jeff/