New 90G

Nukes25

after selling off my 60 in the fall, I missed having a larger tank, so, last week, I picked up a used 90g from a member on here, and just got it filled up today.

here's a pic at the start of fill up

IMAG0217_zps9bb87651.jpg

.. and I managed to find a great deal,

IMAG0219_zps65cd2251.jpg

brand new and 260$, petsmart sale, but right now I'm not sure if I want to stick with the stock output nozzle, or use the spray bar I made for my doomed 120g last year

IMAG0220_zps93359b00.jpg

as for stocking, not too sure what way I want to go yet, would like to go with some midsized fish, as it stands now, the only fish that will come over from my current 45g will be some pleco's :P

well, I picked up some black krylon fusion, and painted my diy spraybar, then had it filled up and running for the last week, seeded it with media from my established 45g, got the temp all stabilized, and went out and got some additions for it today, I picked out 4 rainbow cichlids, the gf picked out 2 convicts ( might get crazy) but ended up with 5.., and she snuck in 2 jewel cichlids as well, I didnt notice them until we got home, as we had picked up some tetra's and gourami's for the 45g

not much has been done for aquascaping yet, had some extra rocks kicking around, and some small pots from the gf's 10g, waiting to find some more driftwood, to put into the 45 so I can take my nice pieces out from there and put them in the 90, and add my pleco's in a few weeks

IMAG0254_zpsb3b580c1.jpg

IMAG0255_zps72c7a881.jpg

the gf's 45g

IMAG0256_zpsff066cd1.jpg

Edited by Nukes25

• 3 weeks later...

not too much going on, made some clay pot caves, added them to the 90 and 45, and pulled one of the driftwood's out of the 45 and put it in the 90

the 90

feb1_zps54bcf07f.jpg

and the 45

feb1onthe45_zps859265a0.jpg

.. but I did a water change last week, and the temp must have spiked a little too high (even though I adjust the temp before I fill) and have an ich outbreak in the 45 right now, and I lost my leopard frog pleco :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

got all moved and pretty much settled in now, at least the tank is all settled, I shut down the 45, but still have the 90, and here's some pics I took this morning after water change

dont mind the straps, I broke the center brace when moving, so using them to keep it from bowing until I can fully fix it

IMAG0514_zpsba8a3ba3.jpg

the biggest rainbow
IMAG0511_zpsc0d40c44.jpg

A T-Bar I picked up in feb

IMAG0510_zpsfc31d394.jpg

a big group hiding under some wood

IMAG0508_zps98872dea.jpg

my synspilum, he's growing fast

IMAG0504_zps2393eb4b.jpg

Oooooo in the second last pic, what is the small one under the driftwood with the spot by the tail and the bar over the eye?

It's a keyhole cichlid, I've got a pair in there, they max out @6", and are a more peaceful cichlid, and these 2 I have seem to be slow growers, I got all these guys within the same time, and roughly the same size, and they've barely grown, where the other guys are growing big and fast