Cherry Shrimp With Small White Spiky Growth On Head?

Dukeswild

Just noticed recently in my cull tank I have a couple cherry shrimp these white little spiky growths right on front of there eyes.

It's definalty not something I've seen before. There's only a couple of them like that and it doesn't seem to effect them in any way. They still go about there day as busy shrimp.

I'm curious if anyone has had experience with this. I can't find anything in reguards to it online. Thinkin it possibly a bacterial infection?

Thanks Tony

It could also be an incomplete molt - a small piece of the old shell didn't come off last time it shed

Haha well that would be cool of it was a genetic thing. It does look like a little white Mohawk. But I highly doubt that. And it seems to be spreading. Looks almost like little white hairs. There's about 6 with them. Some have one or two then there's a couple with a bunch like a wig or something.

I don't think it's part of an old molt. The shell colours are all even and the same. No white or anything similar to a piece of old shed.

I'm leaning towards some sort of parasite or a possible bacterial infection. But can't find anything similiar.

It's diesnt seem to effect them or have I lost any of them. They just seem to keep being active shrimp. Ill have to try an get a decent picture. Thnaks

I've managed to find a couple links and abit of information regarding these "worms"

Here's a link for a YouTube video

Just curious if anyone else has ran into these parasites and possible safe medication. Some have said to try an use planaria safe or remover as it also works with other worms. Or possibly a salt bath.

The effected tank hasn't been going for very long. Just before Xmas. But it has been going for 3 weeks before the shrimp were put in there an cycled with old aquarium decor/ gravel and a seeded filter. Possible stress from a new setup?

Not sure if it is the same thing, I had something in my painted fire red tank. The shrimp had fuzzy growths in the head area. What I did was treat the whole tank with aquarium salt. I did that roughly for about 3 weeks. I did a water change using a different siphon hose than my regular one so as I wouldn't spread it to my other shrimp tanks. Then I added salt, I did this for about 3 weeks. I think I used the dosage guidelines on the box which was 1 tbsp/5 gallons. It seems to have gone away.

Thanks Rayfong

I read doing a quick 15 second dip with the infected shrimp would instantly release the worms. I tried his with a couple of them and it's works quite well.

I dosed the tank with the proper as per directions and hoping that will kill them off. Then just maybe double up my wc for a week or 2. Hopefully this works. I'd rather nature salt before any meds