Cories

rodsboys

I recently purchased my first cories in years. I always kept them in the past in community type setups. This time I decided to do species only tanks. I bought a group of pandas and a mixed group of albino/regular aeneus cories. I am running a 10 gallon for each group. I am hoping to grow them out for a while and some day try breeding(for fun). Is anyone breeding cories right now? If so what species?

I am also curious what everyone's opinion is for the best place to pick up stock. BigAl's has a great selection, but I find the prices to be on the high side. I grabbed my guys at PetSmart of all places. They carry 6 different varieties at the locations I went to. I also noticed PetLand had a few species that I did not expect. Prices are OK there if you do the multi-buy deal.

The amount of tanks I can run is also a big deal at my house with the wife, however I want more cories. I am considering upgrading the 10's to something larger and adding more species of cories. Say 3 groups in a 33 gallon, etc. How are you guys housing yours?

Cory housing everywhere except the under 10Gs LOL. Aquarium Central has the better selection of Corys, I find as well as a few at Nature's Corner. I am hopefully going to start breeding my guys soon, just need to rearrange some tanks and purchase a few more :&. But first on my list will be my green lazers, followed by the orange lazers, and the Black's, and the Duplicareous, hopefully the habrosus, then the Wietzmann, then the Elegans..... :thumbs: and then will see. I think my addiction is showing LOL.

Edited by SuperGuppyGirl

I have hastatus breeding continuously in a tank that has a tonne of moss and a healthy pop'n of shrimp. There aren't too many spp that will breed w/o eating the eggs/fry, so you typically have to plan their spawn so you can be there relatively close to the time of spawning. Best prices tend to be online (I like Canadian Aquatics and Spencer Jack), but I think Jen picked the stores that tend to have a good selection.

I know some of your PJs are becoming Petlands and I've been having a blast, picking up all their misidentified cories. Ambiacus, virginiae and leucomelas are some of the ones I've managed to pick up and had great survival rates!! I figure if they can live in clown gravel, they're going to be pretty hardy..

I know some of your PJs are becoming Petlands and I've been having a blast, picking up all their misidentified cories. Ambiacus, virginiae and leucomelas are some of the ones I've managed to pick up and had great survival rates!! I figure if they can live in clown gravel, they're going to be pretty hardy..

I remember seeing a few of your discovery threads. Looking forward to a surprise score myself some day.