An Empty (Gasp) Tank

Fin2you

Yep what is wrong with this picture???

My male crowntail betta has been showing his age recently so he's been moved down to a 5.5gal. But now that means I have an empty 10gal tank sitting on my downstairs counter....

I have no idea what to do with it. I could get another betta but I'm happy with my 2 males & then the 6 females in their sorority.

So what I've got:

10gal tank w/heater, 20gal Whisper filter, air pump, plenty of extra plants to do another planted tank.

Only fish that's a must is another school of cories; panda & julii for sure, maybe a couple habrosus again too. & 1 of the kids likes african dwarf frogs.

Go for 6 cories, a frog, and a school of 6-10 small rasboras - SuperGuppyGirl seems to know where to get them ;)

It is so wrong having an empty tank lol, only thing I would wonder about with an ADF is it getting enough to eat. My Corys tend to be lil piglets add in some small fish more competition. Might have to hand feed the frog to be sure he is getting enough.

If all goes as planned I might have a school of 8-10 galaxy and emerald dwarf rasboras up for grabs lol, aquarium central has pygmaseous corys, nature's corner or big al's has habrosus corys. Jvision has Hastatus. I 'm addicted what can I say ;-) In a 10G could have a bunch of all the dwarf corys, the ADF and some small schoolers especially if you overfilter.

Edited by SuperGuppyGirl

Both of those rasboras sound neat! Any chance you need to make a wknd trip to Calgary w/a bathroom stop in Airdrie? LOL

I have had a bunch of schools of cories b4 & those 3 are my favorites....

Good point on the possible feeding issues. Especially seeing as the kids help feed

• 1 month later...

I have some of the African Dwarf Frogs they are great, mine like to hang out in my big pile of driftwood, mine seem to do ok for food wise, with 8 corries, 2 small highfin Plecos, 2 Large Common plecos, and a 6" Golden Algea eater in my 90 gallon, you just have to make sure you put some food where they are hiding out.