Co2 - Equipment - Tank, Regulator. Needle Valve, Etc....

airdrieaquarist

Hi all.

I'm trying to build a good pressurized co2 system. I found one on kijiji that a guy from Calgary was selling with his entire system. He agreed to sell me just the Co2 system but now I can't get him to commit...

Sooo...I want a dual stage regulator with a good needle valve with a high thread count and a decent solenoid and 20lb tank.

I've read too much negative shiz about the milwaukee stuff so I am hoping to find something like a victor regualtor / swagelok valve etc. I need a 20lb tank as well (probably end up getting that from Praxair).

I would like to build some sort of inline co2 reactor. I have an extra internal / external pump that I can use for that.

Anyone have any ideas on where I can pick this stuff up in Alberta? I could ebay it but i wants it meow!!!!

thanks in advance

I've had some problems with the milwaukee system. The solenoid stopped working properly and replacing that part was HELL to get it back together and working again. Had it only 1 1/2 years when it broke. Its still an ok regulator for its price and I still use it now that its fixed.

Sorry I don't know where you would buy that other equipment all I've seen around the LFS is the milwaukee regulators. Ebay will probably be the cheapest. I know when I was looking for my replacement solenoid it was 30$ cheaper off ebay, same with some of the needle valves, bubble counters I've bought over the years.

Someone recently did a DIY thread on their CO2 system - I can't remember who exactly, maybe creekbottom or flyfisher. Have a look in either the DIY, planted or their journal forums to find it - again I don't remember exactly who or where, but it wa fairly recently (2 months or so)

Try Linde, praxair, oxypro, advanced industrial supply for regulators and tanks.

For the needle valve, I'd look online, I haven't seen anything locally that can compete with the price/quality you can find on ebay or plantedtank.net, except one person on here had an Ideal brand needle valve that's probably pretty good.

Solenoid, probably the same thing but to be honest, I haven't looked that hard.

Looking here and on Canreef might find you some of what you want too.

Thanks blink & all. The guy with the nice system for sale got back to me yesterday. He told me that he had someone that was going to buy it all this Saturday at 10 am. If he doesen't show up, he'll part the co2 system for me which is a great deal. But it probablly won't happen.

As for a bubble counter, i can get that anywhere right? Nothing really special about that piece is there?

If anyone has a good needle valve and/or regulator and/or solenoid for sale, I'm happy to pay you good money for it. I just want something decent. I called a welding shop today and they want like $550 for a 2-stage victor o2 regualtor that they would convert to cga320 for free lol. crazy