They Hatched! Updated.

Day 3 I see tiny tiny little balls with tails! Don't think all hatched but some did! Hyperventilating and squealing at the same time, the lil wigglers are clear so still not certain what they are. So excited, I have some phytoplankton, and am attempting to find a sealable container for the micro worm culture. Please let these guys survive!

Edited by SuperGuppyGirl

They way I see it, yes as one 10G has crypto fry, the other is a QT tank. So definitely need to get another 10G for *fingers crossed* these fry and plus another 10G for more breeding. So yeah 2 more lol

Update, so not all hatched but seeing at least 25 little wigglers. Still have the air ball bubbler in, and they are in 2" of water with the hang on breeder still sitting in the tank. Doing about a 1/4" WC 2x a day. Still have a lot of egg sack left so thinking I can switch them to rotifers on thursday maybe. Tossed in a few plant clippings from the main tank so hoping to grow some daphnia as well. So exciting!

• 2 weeks later...

So 10 days old, out of approximately 50 eggs around 35 eggs hatched, currently have around 30 surviving wigglers . Not happy about losing some as these guys are my fave and have noticed 2 with kinks in the tails. But here's a few updated pics. Still doing a 25% WC twice a day, with a small air stone adding aeration. I run the pad of my finger over the inside surface of the hang on breeder which is still flipped so it sits in the tank to keep it warm. They are fed alternately rotifers and artemia about a scoop and half to two scoops once a day. I siphon out the left over food each morning before replacing it with fresh stuff. Still waiting on my micro worm cultures to start a going so I can add that to their menu. I figure in another week I can switch them to a larger hang on breeder I have, I have been slowly increasing the water level which is up to about 3 inches now, trying not to rush it as I am worried that they won't be able to zip up for air if its too deep, might just be me being paranoid though. More updates soon :-D

post-5607-0-41571200-1362895959_thumb.jpg

post-5607-0-22377600-1362895970_thumb.jpg

post-5607-0-19399400-1362895980_thumb.jpg

Edited by SuperGuppyGirl