Mail Order Plants?

KimW

I am just wondering if anyone has had any luck purchasing plants via mail order ie. from a website in the US, or from Ebay?

I know right now it is way too cold for a plant to sit in my mailbox for any length of time but I am thinking once the temps are above 5-8 I shouldn't have any troubles with them surviving.

If anyone has any suggestions of good reputable sellers, or sites I would love to have access to that information.

As well any tips anyone has in regards to what I should be watching for when ordering this way.

I've bought from the Plant Guy in Winnipeg and had no issues.

http://www.theplantguy.org/

There's a few places in Edmonton that sell plants. It would save you shipping costs and you could get them home quickly.

2 that come to mind right away for me are:

Nature's Corner Store

8728 51 Avenue

Aquarium Central

12006 111 Avenue

Thank you for the suggestions. I am kinda stuck with having to go mail order. Won't get into the details, lets just keep it with....this is the only route I will be able to use as far as getting any plant life into this tank to get it started.

I ordered a few plants off aquabid, mostly mosses and crypts. I think the seller was Aquamagic They were super cheap but took 3 weeks to ship since it was coming from Asia. I'm not sure how some of the other plants would hold up. The crypts were shipped as just the roots so I didn't really have to worry about them dying in transit and the mosses were fine. Crypts usually melt from travelling so no leaves is better for shipping anyways and I had new leaves in about a week.

I've heard good things about The Plant Guy but haven't ordered from him personally.

If you can get the plants shipped to an indoor address(I get mine shipped to me at work), that will help. As for ordering from the US, not a great idea as you need the proper paperwork or your plants can be seized. You might want to post the plants you want and see if someone on here can ship. Hope this helps.