50 Shades Of Blue...well Maybe 5

Ron

Hello,

I got some pics showing the variety of OEBTs I have.

First pic showing light blue, blue, dark blue or black, reddish blue and blonde:

5OEBTs_zps5d3a829e.jpg

Another variety pic:

5bOEBTs_zpsdf44821b.jpg

Contrast from blonde to black...and a reddish guy snuck in on the left:

BlackandBlonde_zps386fbeb8.jpg

Finally I just wanted to show a little guy who has already developed great colour at young age:

BabyBTOEandBlonde_zps00516c79.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Ron

Nice they look good :)

Those are great looking shrimp. What are the striped ones? I am still at the cherry shrimp learning level with 25 yellows started a week ago in another tank so still learning breed types.

They all have stripes....LOL

They are all varieties you get from breeding OEBTs. Once my population is high enough, I'll start culling the blondes out and the really dark ones so hopefully I'll have separate tanks with blacks, blues and blondes.

Edited by Ron

I love the fact they you never really know what you will get with them when they are young - they are like a box of chocolate.. lol.

With CRS shrimplets you already have a good idea of the pattern they have and you just cross your fingers their colors stay solid as they grow. But with tigers, both their colors and stripes develop over time.

I have similar shades in mine, but your blue ones have thicker stripes than mine. Not a big fan of the brown / rust color that develop in some of them but I think they happens to all the females when they are berried.

They are all varieties you get from breeding OEBTs. Once my population is high enough, I'll start culling the blondes out and the really dark ones so hopefully I'll have separate tanks with blacks, blues and blondes.

I am surprised no one have really been successful in stabilizing the various shades of blues as separate lines (other than BTOE / Royal Blue). That definitely would be a neat project to under take but you would need to separate them into at least 5 groups based on the title of this thread :p

• 5 weeks later...

Any recent pictures to look at over lunch time?

A little late but here is a pic of them feeding a couple of days ago

OEBTBall_zpsc6a49489.jpg

One of them feeding on Ebiken Ei this morning, they love to go up and feed from the surface when I feed Ei.

TopFeed_zpsb3ac5018.jpg

Not OEBT but still blue; a berried Blue Pearl.

BluePearlBerried_zps9c70edff.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Ron