Pushing this site

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

i agree Alberta aquatica should be easily accessible to new hobbyists that dont know about it.

but i wouldent want it to become one of those large mainstream forums with a ton of advertisements on each page(i wont mention any names,luckily none are Canadian :thumbs: )

and i find on those large worldwide fish forums everyone is very aggressive and needs to sound the smartest....

its is hard to find reliable people to trust when everyone is just name calling/arguing.

im happy with albertaaquatica the way it is now,and i like the new changes they did.

just my opinion though.

I agree with your thoughts about those large forums very much. Those huge forums i find as you find...very impersonal and at times quite aggressive. I hate ad's too...always in your face. However the ad banner on the main page can be utilized for the benefit of AA in local partnerships to spread the world that AA exists. :) Perhaps I should have said in my 1st post here...that more can be done locally.

As a new Albertan I was thrilled there was a site for local hobbyists. Discussions here have led me to great local vendors, good sources of info on local conditions, and I hope to share some RAOK once my planted tanks are up and running.

Much more of a community feeling than the big international sites (though I've learned a lot there too mind you...... :D )

O

GOODNESS!!!

This thread was 8 years old! The forum was a few months old, had less than 200 members and was hosted on 'InvisonFree'. Things have come a LONG way since those days. I was member 333... we're closing in on 6000 soon. SIX THOUSAND people. Lots of places in Alberta don't even have that many residents. We do.

Google search results: "alberta aquarium" #1 on my screen. "Alberta fish forum" #2 (after an outdoors forum) "Alberta fish keeper" we're #5 after 4 returns about people keeping trophy fish. Now, Google filters results to the specific computer so your results may be different... I'm curious, go ahead and try it and reply back with your results.

I'm just saying we don't really need to have flyers, cards, banners and advertisements... we've done that, and we stopped... and yet people like you still find us - at an average rate of 3 a day, currently.

I stand by what I wrote. If someone should not have posted on an older topic...there should be a rule saying so or it should be locked. There are many things that can be done on a local scale which do not involve turning aa into some mega multinational site. I'm going to stop here and say nothing ever again...as this will just be flamed.

Just because we don't want to proceed with some of your suggestions does not mean you've been flamed. It just means that those of us running AA don't see that now is the time to make those changes.

If you're going to offer a suggestion, please be prepared for the Mods/Admin to say "No." and also know that just because we say "No," does not mean we dont like you.