Wolf Fish

Madness

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have'nt seen any big wolves since the old Bow Valley aquarium days. Big Al's in Edmonton had some of the smaller hi fin wolf fish (erythrinus?) a long while back.

I wish I had grabbed one, they were biting the glass and very active, they only get 8" i think as well, pretty colourful too.

I am sending a plea out to anyone who orders fish for shops to get some of these guys in, the more I think about it the more I want one

Hey, I am thinking of getting a wolf cichlid too. I saw one at Big Al's about 6 months back, (opposite the tank with the large catfish in, about 18") anyway, the fish was off the hook, biting the glass and clearing ALL the gravel to the one side. My wife thought it was a little agressive and I didn't want to explain to her why all of my fish dissappeared if I had bought him. Walking by the tank and leaving him there was a mistake. Stupid me!!!!

I think they are talking about the Wolf "tetra" Not the wolf cichlid which is what people call Parachromis Dovii.

I beleive it is Parachromis please correct me if i'am mistaken or if has changed to nandopsis or something else. They change quite frequently from time to time it's hard to keep remembering all of it. :huh:

Sounds like this idea is heating up...to get a wolf fish.

Someone will have to call the supplier and get a latin name of course.

Why don't you give a deadline, say a week, and get a list of names of everyone who wants one? First come first served if the supplier only has so many.

Than everyone splits the shipping.

Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...