Najas Grass

jamesbarr

Got some of this at the auction, have no experience with it. Put it in my tank and the current from my filter sent it all over the place, getting it tangled in all my other plants.....

What do I do with it? Im already seeing it just gathering on the intake of my filter and whatnot. Is there someway to make it stay a nice ball, or floating mat?

Any tips appreciated, got it pretty cheap but would hate to just get rid of it if I can do something about this.

I found on a high flow tank, naja just breaks apart and clogs everything. I initially just glued it to a terra cotta pot and ticked it away from the filter outflow and intakes, now I just mix it with my java moss to hold the tangles together. It is basically a floater that is great in a breeder/fry tank. Those are the only methods I know hope this helps.

naja has grown for me like a weed, at the next auction i will have some for sale lol.

if you plant it it will root, but it does just as well as a floating mass of grass. never bothered with co2 or ferts and this stuff thrives in edmonton tap water.

update, overnight its landed in various places in my tank, Ive resolved that I really dont mind the way it looks at the moment so Im going to leave it. Hopefully I can eventually get some shrimp for a decent price and Ill have enough of it to use as a mop in my shrimp tank :)

You can also put a sponge on your filter to reduce the flow( and stop fry from getting in the filter). Mine grows like a weed for me!