Galaxy Rasboras

DANA T

I have 5 galaxy rasboras in a planted 5 gal Fluval edge with 5 cherry shrimp ,both are breeding like crazy ,so far i have counted 9 baby galaxy's and 30 to 50 cherry shrimp of all sizes .I wasn't expecting to see the galaxy's breed but a nice surprise,Now i have to keep an eye on the 15 gal tank there are 10 galaxy's in it with 5 ghost shrimp.

• 1 month later...

How long did u keep galaxy rasboras before they start to breed? What is your water parameter? PH, GH, KH?

I have around 10 and noticed some female with big belly but I have never any babies hatched...

I have setup a bunch of java moss and few drifwoods for some babies can hide but so far unsuccessful..

I found that if I fed the tank microworms every day (10gal with bottom completely covered w moss), that the population slowly grew. When I stopped microworms, no more babies. Exact same strategy for C. hastatus

The tank has an HMF/sponge filter and just normal tap water. Aprox. 50% weekly WCs ensure its always clean.