75 Gallon Question

Peaceful SA/CA community. Severum, Geophagus, possibly Angelfish. Obviously I couldn't go too crazy with the stocking, would have to search out smaller Geo's and maybe go 1 or two Severum. Maybe even a single Severum and a couple Blue Acara with some Columbian Tetras.

Edited by jeremoose

Let's see... You LOVE cory's, so get them breeding and have the 75 as your grow-out. Fill it up! It'd look great with 100 or so little guys swimming around!

Get a nice easy ground-cover plant like Pygmy Chain Sword, and maybe one mellon sword... a moss wall for the back! OK, I've convinced myself! I'm off to buy a new light and get this project going (I also happen to have a nearly-empty 75!).

Heavily planted!!! With a school of cories and a school of small tetras, as many as will fit!

100 or so of each!!! :thumbs:

i would come and get 4 of my mpimbwe and add some leupi and dafodils to make a tanginikan aquarium. 15 bucks each and i will text you pics if you like of all those fish. 780 920 2282.

I love the look of the daffodils, but as pretty colors as they and the rest are my water isn't that hard neither is my Ph at 7.2. I dislike messing with my water's natural parameters too much but thanks for the extremely generous offer.

Peaceful SA/CA community. Severum, Geophagus, possibly Angelfish. Obviously I couldn't go too crazy with the stocking, would have to search out smaller Geo's and maybe go 1 or two Severum. Maybe even a single Severum and a couple Blue Acara with some Columbian Tetras.

Hmmm I do like the looks of the blue acaras, maybe mixed with Bolivian Rams....a few barbs for dithers...

Let's see... You LOVE cory's, so get them breeding and have the 75 as your grow-out. Fill it up! It'd look great with 100 or so little guys swimming around!

Get a nice easy ground-cover plant like Pygmy Chain Sword, and maybe one mellon sword... a moss wall for the back! OK, I've convinced myself! I'm off to buy a new light and get this project going (I also happen to have a nearly-empty 75!).

Heavily planted!!! With a school of cories and a school of small tetras, as many as will fit!

SOLD!!!! I love the idea of a moss wall! 100's of dwarf corys swimming and playing. Ohhhhhh I like it! Of Course then I'll have to find something to put in the 30 G... :thumbs:

Edited by SuperGuppyGirl

I was thinking of running an HMF the whole length of the tank and stapling moss into it, but it would eat up about 2.5" of depth.

Okay I have decided, the 75G in question will be the new home for my dwarf Cory's (Hastatus/Pygmaseous/Habrosus), thread fin rainbows, pseudomugil gertrudea Aru 2 and sometime in the future some of those gorgeous M. Macullochi skull creeks. The 30G I'm moving them from will hopefully house a pair of Laetacara curviceps (blue acara's smaller cousin lol) if I can get my hands on them. Thanks for the suggestions folks

On a side note, the rescape must wait. I had turned off the canister filter but had left the bubbler going and the sponge filter as well. Thank goodness for laziness, as I had ripped out the plants when scooping out the last of the fish, it had created quite the mess of flying /floating sand everywhere in the water. So got lazy and turned off the canister but left the rest to help settle the sand, switched off the lights. Went to drain the tank to move it and found several surprises. Nothing has been done to the tank. No WC, no food, no lights nada for almost a week and a half....Boom around 30 cory fry. And just spotted a juvie, so these are either sterbai or reticulated. Lesson for today I'm leaving all tanks bare and waterfilled for a week after lol

post-5607-0-78843500-1372991886_thumb.jpg

post-5607-0-08012700-1372991900_thumb.jpg