Calgary Stampede Dream Home

Had a tour of it yesterday and my thoughts... let's see the basement so I can figure out my fishroom......

Aww, look at you guys. It's really cute the way you think you're winning my house :P

Don't worry though, when they give me the keys (I'm guessing they're in the mail as we speak) I'll be sure to host a CAS/AA BBQ where I can show off the state of the art fish room! -roll-

As a side note (thinking of the abbreviation above). . . we need a better acronym than AA. I was in Pisces the other day and was talking to one of the staff. I said something to the effect of "Yeah, a few of us have been looking for these [sAE's]" and she said "A few of us?" to which I reply (without really giving it any thought) "Oh yeah, a group on AA have been looking for these everywhere with no luck". So, she gives me this really odd look and that's when I realized that she thought I meant alcoholics anonymous. Yup, backpedaled quickly and explained the forum :P

Good times. Anecdotes like this and so many more will be shared at the BBQ in my new dream home. See you all there! :rofl: :drunk:

It really is like an addiction. Addictions are usually instant satisfaction, like a burst of life when you are drained of life. Every time you feed an addiction (add another tank) you feel good and get an injection of energy. This artificial high in turn is accompanied by a crash. Now at an even lower level than before, you start to crave the feeling of adding tanks. This can be a terrible downward spiral.

:o

Yeesh. That makes it sound really bad. None of us are that bad right?

I go thru highs (# of tanks in the 20s) and lows (13 right now...). I think once you hit a point (a dozen or so), you're able to relatively maintain the addiction. THEN you just change the type of fish... every couple years... :rolleyes:

I go thru highs (# of tanks in the 20s) and lows (13 right now...). I think once you hit a point (a dozen or so), you're able to relatively maintain the addiction. THEN you just change the type of fish... every couple years... :rolleyes:

I'm printing this post and using it as permission with my wife to buy more tanks! I'm only at 10 right now! (the small breeding containers/egg hatcheries don't count!)

"I'm sorry Honey, the nice Moderator told me that I had to buy at least two more. . . see, here's proof"

This post is like my prescription :P

Edited by Abby