29G For Nursery

flash_oesc

Hi all!

Looking for suggestions, and options...etc.

My wife (that's right, she's awesome) wants to put a fish tank in our unborn sons' room. She wants some fish that he'll be able to see and follow. What do you think a good stocking mix for this tank will be for my little man to grow with? I'll take livestock and plant options...

Hardware: 29G long, T8 (10,000k), Fluval heater, fluval c3 and fluval 204.

I have tri-colour blue gravel in right now, but will likely be switching to playsand.

Right now this tank is our QT tank, with my angels and spawning rams.

Colony of Neolamprologus Multifasciatus with some Java Fern glued to some rock work.What they lack in color they make up with personality and are a blast to watch or so my little niece says and I have to agree.

Edited by flyfisher

Personally I would go with an assortment of Mollies. They're colourful, personable, low maintenance, inexpensive and easy to find!

I would keep it to something like that that isn't going to require really finniky water conditions (you don't want to be sneaking in to the room to test the water every ten minutes).

I like Mollies. I have two orange, three black and a few balloons in my community tank.

One tank that I've set up for a few clients that looks amazing is with a couple speices of African Cichlids:

Paint the back pane black

Decorate with broken terra cotta pots and Java fern, and maybe a few Anubias for contrasting shape

Start with some young Electric Yellows (6 or so) and young Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos (6 as well)

Filter at least 2x recommended (ie. 2 HOBs or a large canister - XP3)

These 2 species are relatively pieceful, and extremely bright colored. They don't get huge, so you could go with 2 pair (1 of each) in the tank for life; however, I'd just rotate out the biggest and keep the young - they will breed for you, and the young are easy to care for!