AJanzen

So I did a major no no and set up a 5.5G with a male and female multi. They have now matured and are breeding like champs so obviously the 5.5 isn't going to cut it much longer. Some of the fry are already about 1/3 full grown. So my question is how do I move the little dudes? I'd like to move everyone as a group so there's no issues in a larger tank but don't want to hurt the fry and some of them are still pretty small. If I just move the adults and wait for the fry to mature is this going to cause aggression issues when I finally introduce them to the larger tank?

Thanks for any advice as I'm kicking myself as I did know better and still put them in a too small tank to grow as a family.

Best to move them all together or you will have aggression,the easiest way for me was to set up their new home and place extra shells in the old setup. Then on moving day when everybody dives for a shell to hide put your thumb over the opening of shell and move over to the new tank.May take a while to round up stragglers put I managed to round up 99% of them this way.

I have used a turkey baister to catch fry with, and use my hand to katch the larger ones, but if you have gravel in the tank makes it really hard to catch small fry, usually I catch the female while she is still holding put her in a seperate tank till I either strip her or she spits them out her self.

I have used a turkey baister to catch fry with, and use my hand to katch the larger ones, but if you have gravel in the tank makes it really hard to catch small fry, usually I catch the female while she is still holding put her in a seperate tank till I either strip her or she spits them out her self.

The species that this thread is about is not a mouthbrooder.