Help! What To Do With A Tank That Is Too Long For The Stand?

McTurtle

So I picked up a tank to go on the bottom of my 20 gallon stand... and it's not 20 gallon but 25 gallon. So It's 30" long instead of 24". If I put it on my stand there will be ~2.5" overhang on either end, width is fine. Is there any way I can set this up and not put too much stress on the tank? I was thinking maybe 2x4s or a plywood sheet...

Anyone have suggestions/ experience with this?

Thanks! I went with the 2x4s and then foam without the plywood. I think it turned out well. I'll put up a photo, but I'm too tired tonight. Between water changes and setting up the new tank my day disappeared... 2nd tank is going to have to wait until next weekend. :D

I think I'd rather use a razor blade than nail polish remover. I'd be too afraid of getting something nasty in the tank. :)

Here's a "before" and after. (Before is actually the 2nd tank I haven't gotten to yet. ;p ) Anyone else who bought from the lady selling a fish room out of a storage unit may recognise them.

12638971995_4611e36f53_z.jpg

12639450914_88d974864f_z.jpg