Newbie Planted Tank Questions

KimW

So I thought I would post a picture now that I have planted the tank and am pretty happy with how it looks so far. It will of course get better once I am using pressurized co2, right now I am using flourish excel so we will see how it goes.

20140619_172150_zps27ac1533.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted CO2 is important to a high light tank, there are many other factors that contribute to a successful high light tank. One of them is substrate and you might want to look at adding some fluorite to yours to encourage growth.

Granted CO2 is important to a high light tank, there are many other factors that contribute to a successful high light tank. One of them is substrate and you might want to look at adding some fluorite to yours to encourage growth.

There is fluorite about 2-3" of it underneath the gravel. There is only a small layer of the gravel on top of the fluorite, mainly for effect :)

• 4 months later...

Was thinking about how cycling works and it got me thinking simply by the way the nitrogen cycle works isn't it better to add plants when your tank is brand new than at any other time in tanks life?

The nitrite and nitrate levels have their highest spikes/levels at this time and so wouldn't the plant be able to root better at this time as well?