Leaking Tank

zoopkamol

So frustrated right now..

built stand, made 3D background, installed said background, leveled tanki on stand, started filling it and bam at 1/2 way full noticed water coming from back corner somewhere. Not sure where leak is but now gotta drain then tear out background and reseal tank and hope does not leak still. Got tank from an AA member too. I should have filled before and installing background but I didn't so that's on me. I revealed a tank before with no issues..but wondering if I could just reseal just the seam I think it is or do you gotta do whole tank. Like I said frustrated right now so want a fast easy fix. Just wanted to set up another display now siderailed for a bit.

Edited by zoopkamol

It's probably best to do the whole tank. If it were me (I'm the king of lazy!), I'd just do the seam that the leak was on and hope that it wasn't anywhere near where it joined another seam.

Looks like I will be doing whole tank.

removed half the background to where I thought leak was filled tank up 4" with no leak added another 4" if water and saw water on other end of tank. Can't tell where leak is. Gonna drain tank completely again after hockey game then remove all seals to attempt to reseal

Resealed tank once more and it worked been holding water now for 48+ hrs. Would like to thank E90 for offering to replace or repair the tank for me. Good to see someone actually offer to rectify an issue of a leaking tank. Will definitely buy stuff off him again as he backs what he sells.

Ive been there my frontosa tank has leaked in one corner the only thing i do is sealed the only whole corner but make sure you remove everything the old silicone and overkill with selicone.

Forgot one think wait the selicone dry up at least 10 days! Mine waiting for 2 weeks