Bringing Fish Through Canada Customs

fishclubgirl

Decided to test Canada Customs and declare my fish. I had got the seller to make a bill of sale with their scientifice names, price etc. First question was from customs " Did I have Ebola or have I been in contact with someone with Ebola?".. Then he asks what livestock I have and I mention tropical fish. We both agree that they wouldn't stand a chance in this weather and off I go!!

She was probably coming back from aquatic experience in Chicago. I didn't have trouble bringing fish back from the ACA this past summer and last year.

Ray, that is correct and this was at the airport. Brought back some rare wild type livebearers that no one likes but me...

oooh what kind of brown fish did you get?? I love rare prolific live bearers...

Merry widows, golden teddies and potholes(yes, these are fish...) And I crashed the Greater Chicago cichlid meeting where cichlids were selling for what they are worth.... a dollar... Just kidding.. I do keep some plant friendly cichlids like apistos, kribs and angels..

've done it many times and I just use breather bags in a small cooler in my luggage. I have heard of a CAS member who brought fish in her carryon and had dechlorinator with her for after she cleared security.. Myself, I did forget about some fish in my bags and security found them. The security guard and I were trying to drain the bag so they were "legal" but then the head security let me through. He must've realised the fish were not a threat to national security....