Ada 120P Build

Razzo

Just starting a new tank and I thought I would share with AA the whole process.

First off I will like to thank Hung from Shrimpkeepers anonymous for all the great service and help with this build.

ADA 120p is my dream tank.. So now that I have one lets do this right by going super high-tech with the build.

I will update as I get to start with the layout.

Hardware:

ADA 120p
ADA Style stand
ADA Pollen Glass Beetle 40D
ADA Garden mat
ADA Aqua soil
ADA Substrate additives
ADA Manten stone 63kg
ADA Glass cover
Eheim G160
Eheim 2217
Hydor Inline 300watt
Coralife Turbo Twist "6X" 18 Watt UV Sterilizer
AutoAqua Smart ATO-Automatic Top Off System
Jebao DP-4 Auto Dosing Pump
Kessil A360WE tuna sun x 2
Kessil Gooseneck and 90 degree adapter
Neptune Systems Apex Controller Package (Lab Grade)
Neptune Systems ORP Probe - Lab Grade
Neptune Magnetic Probe Rack
Aluminum CO2 Cylinder - 5 Pound
Milwaukee CO2 Regulator with Needle Valve & Solenoid (POS may upgrade to GLA)
Söchting Oxydator A

20150302_220249.jpg

20150307_203938.jpg

Edited by Razzo

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed you didn't have an ATO on your list; if you want small and less noticeable, have a look at the Smart ATO. If you want one with a back up float sensor, try a Tunze. I have an Avast Marine in the sump of my reef system which works great with my Apex but the back up float might be too big to have in a display tank.

How many heads do you need for your doser? Neptune has theirs but it's only 2 heads. Jebao makes one with 4 heads and is only $100 USD.

I noticed you didn't have an ATO on your list; if you want small and less noticeable, have a look at the Smart ATO. If you want one with a back up float sensor, try a Tunze. I have an Avast Marine in the sump of my reef system which works great with my Apex but the back up float might be too big to have in a display tank.

How many heads do you need for your doser? Neptune has theirs but it's only 2 heads. Jebao makes one with 4 heads and is only $100 USD.

Yeah I was thinking about adding an ATO but wanting more space in the stand for the doser and storage.

Neptune is nice but for price and only two heads I have passed on it. I'm thinking about picking up a Jebao.. four heads and for a good price.

Nice, you should check to see if the lids will fit with the dual filters on opposite sides. My 75-P and 60-H (45) lids are pretty tight fits with only an inlet and outlet on one sdie.

They don't properly fit unfortunately, I knew the second I put the first one on the tank. I have a work around that I use I just need to be careful when removing the top.