busted

cichlidkid

well it happened. last night I was in bed and I couldnt sleep (cause I busted up my foot) and I heard a bang come from my tank. my midas had the heater in her mouth and was swimming back about a foot and a half and charging at rock with the heater trying to break it and finaly she sucseded. probably the most amazing think I have ever seen.

anyway I figure I should probably invest in ti heaters. does anyone know where I could get them for a good price?

Edited by cichlidkid

yea too bad I couldnt get downstairs to get it (that would be if I knew where it was)

it looked so sweet. molly was just pissed because the heater was hanging down rigt by the entrence to her cave

are titanium heaters any good?

I mean with my pre hagen ebo I just used a 200 watt and it kept my 90 gallon tank and a consitant 79 degrees all year round and a 75 watt kept my 50 at 78degrees. can you get the same kind of stability and efficency out of a ti?

Titaniums are the way to go espeicialy when heater busters are a concern.

I used titaniums in with my Jags and they never even looked twice at them.

Aggresive fish like your midas, might also get angry by the constant nusance of that goofy light always turning on and off. With titaniums the check light is on the control box on the outside of the tank. Which means less dissruption in the aquarium.

I personaly will never go back to using a Glass heater in a aggresive tank again.