Acrylic Diy Tanks

WickedOdie

Alright, so some back story... I used to really be into tarantulas back in the day. I had a ton of them, I know gross right! Well back then there was and still isn't a retailer in Canada that made decent Tarantula Cages. So I decided as a semi talented guy, that I would make my own. And well... They turned out really nice. I ended up making a ton, and I still have a couple cages in the YYC area if anyone wants a couple. Could probably use them for a terrarium for plants. Not that they are big or anything, so small plants. But back on track. I had to get out of the hobby due to the fact that I had to move and my roommate didn't like spiders lol.

So now, I have some extra plexiglass left over, 3/8's thickness. I have enough to make a 10x10x10 cube, and some 12-15x8x8 inch tanks. Basically about 4-4.5 gallons a piece. My question is, would you guys like some step by step with pictures on how I go about's preparing and creating the tanks.

TL:DR

Extra plexiglass, going to make shrimp tanks, would you like a DIY tutorial.

If it's thin and if it's Weld-On that should be #4.

For those who want to take a look at silicone this video is a couple years old but still interesting info.

For those new to acrylic I'd suggest to use a solvent as it basically melts the material to form very strong bond.

Edited by ckmullin