Ideas On How To Suspend Light Above Tank

chlwong

So this is my very first tank. I got a starter kit and the bulbs were complete garbage. So I went out and purchased an 18" sunblaster that was on sale and it's awesome. I just don't know how to get it set up.

The light came with these clips and a set of screws and wall plugs.

hQXSYBT.jpgI'm going to be honest with you guys here, I have no idea what those clips do and how to use them. All I know is they attach to the light and a string goes through them.. or something...

This is where my tank is right now, it's right next to a wall and it's also at a good height where strings could probably be attached to the ceiling.

NoIYRUx.jpg

Anyways, Let me know if you guys have any ideas on how I should go about doing this!

Thanks

If the new light unit fits inside the old fixture hood, rip out the guts from the old fixture and install the new sunblaster. I've done this many times and it always works well.

There is another clip that can also be used: http://www.bghydro.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/650x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/7/1/710162-01.jpg

That plastic composite type material can be cut easily so you can custom size what your after...again I've done this many times and it always works well.

If you are going to hang from ceiling don't rely on those little drywall push holders...grab the ones that have actual thread and screw that into the dry wall. That type of bracket will easily support the weight of the sunblaster fixture.

@zoopkamol that makes a lot of sense! Thanks!

@ckmullin I did think about doing that to my hood, but I decided to just go with hoodless as it just looks better to me.

I do like the link you attached though!

@japanda ...I think I'm in love... If I can find a good branch somewhere I'm totally doing that!!!

• 2 weeks later...