My 60G tank

ronrca

Thank you Darren for offering those tanks (Thread Link). I managed to get 4 tanks and I am slowly rebuilding them for a couple of reasons. First being the black silicon, second I didnt like the all sides resting on the bottom glass and third to customize to my fishroom (drilled overflows). I have build 7 tanks before this however only 20Gs. This is my first larger capacity tank. I still plan on putting together another 60G and 90G.

So here is a 60G that I completed this last weekend and ready for use (minus center brace and plumbing hookups yet). B)

post-29-1132760601_thumb.jpg

Edited by ronrca

Uneven weight distribution on the bottom glass which may cause the bottom to crack. This is especially important in larger tanks due to the increased weight of the water. I dont like to take chances!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the concerns. Not really that worried about the bottom support after seeing the original setups at Aquagiant. The glass is thick enough to support the weight of the water as long as the weight is evenly distributed. If you look at the commerical tanks being made, they have no bottom support. The bottom glass is actually an inch off the bottom.

Check out the pic of the setups without any bottom supports:

http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showtopic=4399&hl=