Underground Filters?

Fish_Dave_Ab

When I was much younger I was into aquariums and had nothing but undergravel filters. It seemed to be the craze at the time. (Then I discovered sex, drugs and rock N roll ...... oh yeah and cars too)

We are getting back into the aquarium scene to find some people have no time for undergravel filters.

What are your thoughts? Are undergravel filters good or bad? Over rated???? Lets hear from you!

Dave

Depends on the kind of fish that you're into keeping, and whether or not you like live plants. If you have fish that do any sort of digging, it'll essentially make your undergravel filter ineffective. Most people who like live plants find that they don't do as well or are as easy to grow with undergravel filters.

I had a UGF back in 'the day'... but since I am a neat freak (sometimes) the thought of what would lie under those plates creeps me out. Now I am such a fan of canisters that I would have them on everything if they came small enough.

(jvision @ Dec 31 2005, 02:43 AM)

GREAT!! There goes the hopes of selling my UGF plates!! :bang1:

Hardly...there are some aquarists that swear by them still.....they don't go for a lot at auctions, but they always sell.

Yeah, I know... I'm not too worried about it. The ACE Auction is coming up in about 6 weeks, so I know I'll be able to sell 'em there.

I'll bump 'em one more time here, with lower prices; otherwise we'll wait 'til the auction.