Greedy little bugger

Vallisneria

Well yesterday i decided to try and feed some spinach. I attached a leaf to a rock and threw it in to see if they'd like it( as i've never fed them spinach before). Well boy did my acei love it. My Dom male got a little excited and tried to eat the whole leaf. Here is some pics

He managed to swallow about 3/4" of a 4" leaf

aceispinach2.jpg

AceiSpinach.jpg

Here is the other acei looking sad becuase he didn't share

aceiJan6th.jpg

And here are a couple other shots

This is my 90g. Crappy pic, I'm not sure how to take a full tank shot and not have the fish blurry.

90gjan6th.jpg

And another shot of one of my yellow labs

yellowlabjan6.jpg

Val, yellow tailed acei were the only fish I bred that were nuturing the kids one minute and trying to eat them the next. I wish I would have taken a picture of on of my Victorian Haps that manage to swallow 3/4 of one of his tank mates that was just about the same size. There he was swimming around with this tail sticking out his mouth, quite distressed until I netted him out and remove his tankmate. :unsure:

It was pretty hard to get any pics, these were the best of the batch of over 100. It was a frenzy. All the other fish were trying to get at the leaf sticking out of his mouth.

Finaddict- its a blanched spinach leaf. I nuked a cup of boiling water and dipped the leaf in untill it was soft and wilted.

I think i ordered my background from Big als online. My tanks is 24" high and i couldnt' find anything locally that was that large and nice looking. This background is 30" though as it didnt' come in the 24" height.

I got the background first and then the rocks. After it was setup it occured to me that they matched, lol :P