Altolamprologus calvus

jvision

Well, now I've done it! It's just about time to convince my wife that we have to start setting up those 60s I got from Aquagiant!

At last night's ACE meeting, I picked up a bag of 5 juvie F1 A. calvus. Thanks to whomever donated them!

Right now, they're the only Tang. I have, so they're in w. some Yellow Labs & Mel. cyano. Everything's going to be moved around this week, so I'm hoping I can find something to get at least 1 60 off the floor, and move most of the Malawi's into that, and get a nice Tang. tank going!

Congrats, do you know if they are black or white.

I picked up 3 black ink and 4 white at the last Edmonton auction, I love these guy's very interesting fish to watch. I also have mine growing out with my yellow labs and my cyps I plan on moving them into a tang 90 soon.

Tom.

They're tagged as "Pearl White" - a variant of the White Calvus? Or, someone getting fancy? ;)

I'm not familiar with that variety. :huh:

Nice score nonetheless. Probably my favorite fish.

Check this link to help you with ID.

http://www.ciklidi.org/modules/xoopsgaller...bum28&id=white2

I have 4 Cameron Bay calvus that I bought at a CAS auction about a year ago.

David.

Edited by Nyasa

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure who donated them to the ACE. They're only about 2" right now, so would likely be a nice snack for Fronts.

They look just like the "White"s in the pics.

Now they're looking like "Gold"s... maybe "Pearl White" means they're a Gold x White?