For a 20 gal?

bozco

Any suggestions. My dad really likes the africans, and I think they are kind of neat too, but I got a question. The tank I have is only 20 gal, its not set up yet, so I was wondering if there are any cichlids that I could have living comfortably in that space. What do you think?

Thanks as always

Monika

I would suggest that you do a 33 with a couple groups of mbuna....

Bang for your buck entertainment, considering a 33 is not much more than a 20, but offers so many more options due to territory and such.

And, do let me plug my own business when I say that I have 3 species of mbuna just ready to infest your new tank. :P

Demasoni (dark blue, white stripes, wicked fast)

Mpanga (purple,white-ish blue with yellow tail)

Electric Yellows.

PM me if interested. :D

got to love it when a computer give out in the middle of a post

As I was trying to say,

I personally like planted tanks. But the cichlid set ups I have seen always seem to be very bare and rocky. Are those just the more popular cichlids? Can I set up a planted tank for some of them?

• 4 weeks later...

I have not bought any new fish.

The 20 gal is set up now and with the use of old substrate and filter never went through a cycle. It holds my male angel, about 8 khuli loaches and 5 raspboras

The 33 stock has dropped to my female angel, 3 hatchets, and 4 cardinals.

Since my angels are a true pair, and have spawned before I beleive I will condition them, have them spawn in the 20 and then move them to the 33 if they won't raise the fry.

But first I must figure out what is killing things in the 33 which will probably mean tearing it down and starting over.