Visual Proof?

Interesting indeed.

We are tired of people accusing other people of stuff and NOT replying to my P.M.s about info on that subject. So if they can't answer me then they can't accuse.

There is more than one accusation going around other than the one your thinking of RD.

Okay so if this is too much info to request please let me know.

Were the issues that led directly to this a case of retailers complaining about what a member had to say about them or a cases of transactions between private individuals?

I can't speak directly for Riverfront or Wayne but as a store staff member I found the vendor review pretty cool. No store really got too much flack in there, maybe our friends at Al's did but most of that was deserved IMO. Riverfront got some pretty stark critisism a couple times and while it wasn't directed at myself personally I took it personally as I take pride in what I do. I never felt that any of the comments were terribly unfair though and I considered them to be valuable. It also was a good tool to let people know what was going on in the store. I bet Albert found it useful and other retailers directly participated as well, Darren when he was at Aquagiant, the guy from Aquarium enthusists and I'm sure others as well. We even those couple big threads about the Painted fish that stayed pretty civil considering. Were you getting some grief from a retailer?

If it was a case of dispute between individuals then it gets a little complicated. I always felt that the board administration was getting a bit too involved in a few of thsse cases. If two people are in the middle of a disagrement it doesn't seem to me like the board needed to settle something. I think the action took in the case of the kid with the hybrids probably set an expectation that was not in the best intrestes of the forum. The subsequent problems (at least two come to mind) stem from the fact that people expected AA to do somethng about their problem.

It's a good thing for the community to be able to share thier issues with people, you don't want to see your friends get stuck the same way you did. This is a big thing for a message forum to take on and it requires paitence and someone to ride herd. It is also a completely different idea than the vendor review. For an example of something I think works resonably well look at how Fauna Classifieds does their Board Of Inquiry forum.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/for...25&daysprune=-1

If AA does decide to get either the Vendor Review back in a form limitted to looking at retailers I'd be pretty happy. I also think the Board of Inquiry idea is worth looking at, I'd be willing to assist in managing either idea as well but the vendor review part might be viewd as a conflict of intrest.

Thanks for your reply.

We also liked the idea of the vendor re-view, but there has been numerous cases of different circumstances to bring this to the piont it is now.

To answer your question on why exactly.

I will not go into detail, but private deals gone bad and people expecting us to do something about it with out giving us any proof was one of the contributing factors.

Another one was it was causing alot of problems with in the site it self.

As a matter of fact we lost a very experienced Moderator due to the problems of late.*He resigned* :(

So that is why we are making changes to protect the forum. Not only from a legal piont of view, but from being ripped apart from the inside.

I have talked with some of the people involved with the problems and believe the situation has been resolved as far as this site goes.

Some of the people involved are well respected members and we have worked through it and can get along once again. :wub:

I hope that answers you question. :)