Nandopsis

Hopefully I get this all right :)

5 pseudtropheus demasoni

6 Metriaclima zebra (OB)

2 Melanochromatus auratus

5 Labichromus caeruleus

3 Metriaclima callainos

5 Metriaclime estherae

1 Yellow Zebra (at least im pretty sure thats what it is)

Theres a couple more in the tank that i cant identify; 1 All black and another one thats a dark yellow (similar shape to gold malawi).

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A85n8hH4GctzC7

Edited by jeditait

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a 50 gallon tank, doing a tanganyikan setup, running a Rena XP2 canister filter, with a bunch of lava rock that I drilled holes and caves into, and some choice pieces of old live rock that I used to have in a saltwater setup that I boiled and rinsed. I'm using a mix of primarily crushed coral/aragonite and some plain 'ol gravel as substrate. (I'm almost finished a DIY overflow and DIY wet/dry sump (rubbermaids & dollarstore dish scrubbies - about 8gal of water and 4gal of biomedia) that I will be adding to the setup as well once it's finished and I trust it...)

I'm still in the tail-end of my cycling, as the tank is new, but I currently have: (from a previous tank - and started my cycling process, so not appropriate for an african cichlid tank, but I'm leaving him anyway) 1 clown loach, 5 giant danios, 4 altolamprologous compressiceps, 3 lelupis and 1 small spotted pleco (not sure what kind - but it's over a year old and is only 2" long - was in a 10 gallon tank prior, so it should have grown a little bit if it were a regular pleco...)

I will be adding either some julidochromis marlieri or transcriptus (maybe 4-6), and I'd like to add a pair of frontosa, or if I can find them tretocephalus, as they look similar, but stay smaller, which ultimately will be better for my tank.

Edited by JayWho

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Alright let's see. I've got a 125g with 3 German blue rams, 4 kribensis, 2 red spotted gold severums, 2 red jewel haps, 1auratus, 1 redtail zebra with a strange blue hue to him, 1 tropheus duboisi, and a random not sure if it's a psudotropheous or peacock. Still a inchling might just be a hybrid. 5 bucks at petsmart lol.

Just surprised they're not messing with any of the not cichlid tank mates. There are 4 ottociclus cats, 2 redtail zebra loaches, 3 kobatia botia, 2 starlight plecos, a strange copper coloured pleco I think common, and a redtail cactus pleco (L114), and a peacock eel.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 50 gallon tank, doing a tanganyikan setup, running a Rena XP2 canister filter, with a bunch of lava rock that I drilled holes and caves into, and some choice pieces of old live rock that I used to have in a saltwater setup that I boiled and rinsed. I'm using a mix of primarily crushed coral/aragonite and some plain 'ol gravel as substrate. (I'm almost finished a DIY overflow and DIY wet/dry sump (rubbermaids & dollarstore dish scrubbies - about 8gal of water and 4gal of biomedia) that I will be adding to the setup as well once it's finished and I trust it...)

I'm still in the tail-end of my cycling, as the tank is new, but I currently have: (from a previous tank - and started my cycling process, so not appropriate for an african cichlid tank, but I'm leaving him anyway) 1 clown loach, 5 giant danios, 4 altolamprologous compressiceps, 3 lelupis and 1 small spotted pleco (not sure what kind - but it's over a year old and is only 2" long - was in a 10 gallon tank prior, so it should have grown a little bit if it were a regular pleco...)

I will be adding either some julidochromis marlieri or transcriptus (maybe 4-6), and I'd like to add a pair of frontosa, or if I can find them tretocephalus, as they look similar, but stay smaller, which ultimately will be better for my tank.

As per the thread - Nothin but Tanganyikans. :D

@Jaywho - The sump setup sounds great! and...nice on the Compressiceps. They're kinda like a big Calvus.

I kept Julidochromis Transcriptus for a long time. They breed fairly easy and they're nice little fish...like most Tanganyikans, can be fairly aggressive when breeding and move up, down, backwards, etc....like a helicopter.

- Lelupi are also a nice little fish. I'm a big fan of Neolamprologus...

Edited by desol

My tank is a little mixed now, as I inherited some fish from a friend who's tank was leaking... (see my sig)

I love watching the juli's swim (and the lelupis) - forward, backwards, upside-down. It's great. At some point I'll try and get some more and see if they start breeding for me.

I am buying a used 75 gallon tank though and will be moving all my non-african fish into it, and keeping the 50 gallon as a pure tang setup. Then I can also put the 2 remaining cyprichromis I have left in with the africans, where they belong. The green terror ate one immediately when I first put them in the 50g.

Edited by JayWho

Those Cyprichromis are a nice fish. I saw a fish on this video (

), foolin with the Zaire Buescheri, and was wondering what it was. Now I know.

I actually wanted to keep those this time around, but the tank will be at capacity if/when I get the Buescheri. What sub-species of Cyprichromis do you have?