My 2.5 reef

AndyL

And today... My air driven auto top-off is now up and running... Hacked together outta a battery powered (for the moment) air pump a electric float switch, 2L bottle, some air accessories - and the hang on part of an old hagen hang on heater.

Now I just need a snail guard :)

Andy

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No pics yet... *sigh* gotta get a camera - but there's so much fish stuff to buy first!

Albert talked me into a brown monti digitata and a small hammer (ok... well he didn't have to talk me into much - just pointed at the 2.5g sized frags).

Not sure what will happen with the Monti - lightings pretty weak for a SPS - but the polyps are out, so thats probably a good sign. The Hammer of course is being a typical hammer - fully extended within about 30 seconds of being unceremoniously dropped in the tank.

Fragged the cloves a bit too - all the ones crawling across the substrate got chopped and relocated.

My candycane is bothering me... Such nice color when I got it - now it's got a green center and brown edges (with some green streaks) Might have to rethink it's position - get it up closer to the lights.

Built a 2.75g tank to replace the AGA 2.5 - got an extra 3/16 all around, an extra inch or so back, and vertically. Looks really good black silicone and trimless :) Also built a 5x5x12 refugium - but it now lies in tank heaven due to bad siliconing technique and angry man trying to clean up the mess :) Will build a new one maybe next week.

When the new tank and refugium go in, i'm going to ditch the HOB filter - use a powerhead I picked up at golds instead (56gph) will be nice to have that darn intake out of my sight :) Just need to rig up some kind of spraybar that doesn't look 10000% DIY'd

Lastly dumberer got moved to the 20H. Once I get some new really small scarlet hermits - I'll move dumber there too. Their shells amuse me right now - dumberer has a large-ish feather duster peaking out from inside his... Dumber has 5-6 small feather dusters growing on his. Amusing to watch them retract as the crabs move around

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No, sorry no new digital camera - but I did manage to get my ancient (yes it is older than dirt) digital camera a new card reader and some batteries :)

Sorry for the crummy pictures - but what do you expect from a 94 vintage digital camera :)

post-17-1110862895

• 3 months later...

Well the tanks had a full life - for a nano... It's about time to tear it down and start fresh. Actually I'm treating for those dang red flatworms, but I'll probably move the contents to a 5g along the way.

Going to miss it, But onwards and upwards!

post-17-1118977401