My 2.5 reef

AndyL

LOL - I moved so no real updates, unless you want pics of LR in Blkwolfe's tanks.

That might change today, thinking it'll get setup in the hotel tonight or tomorow. Need some life in that damn room. And I don't REALLY need the alarm clock - so it can get unplugged - voila now I have an outlet. (I LOVE old "pre laptop" hotels).

Andy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nano resumed operation sunday night. Little more live rock, some different rocks... Slightly modified system - the refugium/sump are gone - the thermometer stopped reading correctly and got scrapped (I've since heard I should have siliconed the joint at the sensors).

Tossed in a cleanup crew today, 2 blue legged hermits, 2 margarita (I think) snails, one unknown snail.

Andy

LMAO don't ask for much... I'm living in a hotel... My computer is in storage... I no longer have a digital camera. Pic's aint likely to happen any time soon.

And some research tells me the two 'margarita' snails are actually astrea's, and the unknown is probably a variety of nassarius (pics don't match, but behaviour and overall appearance does).

Andy

Edited by AndyL

• 3 weeks later...

Well, had to take a shot or six before it got moved again - no full tank shots due to last nights moving from the hotel room - all the rock is just kinda scattered at the moment... But we'll give ya an update anyway.

Here's Go-Go (named by ChloeClose) Bad picture - he's kinda camera shy; but enjoys watching TV :)

post-17-1102133661

BWAHAHAHA, but I still have all of you owned for nano-ness. Got one of those silly Azoo Razzle Dazzle things sitting on my desk with a mad growth of GSP, that curly spaghetti algae stuff, a photosynthetic gorgonian and a harlequin shrimp. A year and counting now.

PH33R

Right on Albert! How are you keeping the GSP's from taking over such a small area?

I'm impressed you've been able to keep it stable for so long. How long has the livestock been in there?

It's times like this that I consider getting a part-time job at a fish store! But that may feed the addiction a bit too much.

BWAHAHAHA, but I still have all of you owned for nano-ness. Got one of those silly Azoo Razzle Dazzle things sitting on my desk with a mad growth of GSP, that curly spaghetti algae stuff, a photosynthetic gorgonian and a harlequin shrimp. A year and counting now.

PH33R

Right on Albert! How are you keeping the GSP's from taking over such a small area?

I'm impressed you've been able to keep it stable for so long. How long has the livestock been in there?

It's times like this that I consider getting a part-time job at a fish store! But that may feed the addiction a bit too much.

Bah, I got sick of it (size and the filter kept on leaving salt creep on my desk) and moved everything into my 72 and 25. Gave the Razzle Dazzle to this girl who kept on harrassing me for it... Kept the light though, ahaha.

The GSP's were monster. I made a slight miscalculation when I moved the whole thing though: Stupid harlequin shrimp has free reign to kill and slaughter the mini-stars as he pleases... Good thing I have this massive refugium thing going.