Red snakehead

Earthgirl

I bought one yesterday at Big Al's.

Just wondering if anyone else had one and had some little tips.

Little guy has alreday eaten 2 feeders and some beefheart.

Also, I was rearranging my tank last night (you know, when you have a new idea and just have to!) and he was the only one that can and nipped at me! Scared the bejeeves out of me! Everyone in the room thought it was funny......

And yes I know they get BIG! Not a concern for me ;)

Hope you have a LARGE home for him. If there is anything living in the tank that you want to keep you better start thinking of a spot to put them or they are next in the feeding order. If they are to big then they are safe.....FOR NOW!

Put a heavy weight on the cover when he gets bigger. Like Toirtis said. Watch you fingers !

Be ready with the large tank soon, we got our little fella about 8 months ago and he was 10-11 inches.....I measured him last week and he is around 23 inches now. I found that Safeway and Superstore are the best placed for food, I started with frozen shrimp/prawns (2 bags for 8.99 at safeway) and seafood mix, moved up to frozen smelt from Superstore (6.99/bag) and am now feeding Sardines and Mackerel 7-10 inches long (6.49/bag at Superstore) and he snarfs them down like they were french fries. If your guy does get through the top of the tank just pick him up and put him back, that's what we've had to do a couple times.

NO WAY!!!!!!!!

So I guess that makes me making a decsion of who to keep and who not to keep............

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :grr:

Take a look at www.snakeheads.org to see what they can do.

I had some advice on another forum that I should invest in "butcher's gloves", those chain mail gloves that they use to ensure that they don't accidentally cut off a finger, if I planned to work in the tank at the same time as the fish were in residence. Unfortunately, my guys were killed off in a bad water change accident...

David