Angel with Hole in the head??

Jods2518

I have a Koi Angel with a Hole in its head litterally. It happened overnight and I don't know what it is...I had another that died shortly after purchase..but it came wiith the hole in the head and I didn't know it when I picked it out....There is no sign of infection but the fish seems less active and less interested in food...the hole is quiet deep, Is there anything that you think I should do besides keep the water clean and see what happens.....

Jodaye

Edited by Jods2518

I have never had to deal with hole in the head with my discus, but I do take steps to avoid it. Many people attribute it to water quality and diet.

I would recommend a large water change 50%+ and then replace and treat with salt 1 tablespoon per 10 gallons to slow any secondary infections. I would then do 30% water changes twice a week until it clears up. If it is Heximita, this is a protozoan infection that is opportunisitic and goes after the fish when it is weaker.

Is the Angel eating? Have you seen any jelly like poo? How old is the Angel? What is your current water change regime? What temperature is your tank currently at? What are you feeding? These other factors may be contributing factors.

Good luck, maybe some Discus info will help your Angels.

Kevin

I've had the angel for about 3 months. Its in a planted 55gal tank that I do weekly 50% water changes on, I feed NLS......I realy don't think its HITH desease, but I really don't know??.....the temp is at 79 degrees C and there ave been nothing added for a month or so now. There is no Jelly poop and the Nitrates are at zero.....I think its an injury??

Well He's still alive and not very active, and still not eating, just hanging out near the toopo of the tank.....no one seems to be bugging him so I'm leaving him in the main tank.....dont' know ....still doesn't look infected or anything and I did another 50% water change today.

Thanks for asking