Mouthbrooding description,

Froggie

I feel like embarrassing my good friend Adam Revitt for a moment here;

You see, Adam is the misguided sort. His interests have traditionally sat with catfish and feeders. He's been relatively successful with them, keeping and spawning them in various tupperware containers as required. To help steer him towards the righteous path myself and another fellow convinced him to get some cichlids. He setup a nice little tank with some Labidochromis sp. mbamba and Metriaclima estherae.

This afternoon I got the most amusing description of their current state, quoted from MSN for your amusement:

noodle says:

hey... so one of my mbumbas kinda has a bit of a wang hanging down.. not the male

noodle says:

well it really isn;t a wang.. more like the poop shoot is a little swollen.. or something

noodle says:

and the look like a gopher with its cheeks full of nuts

What could I say? Congratulations on spawning your first mouthbrooder! :rofl:

Hey.. watch it.. I am nor a 12 year old.. nor a beginner in the hobby... I mainly specialize in breeding and keeping corydoras and barbs. Not ever being much of a cichlid fan i thought i would give it a shot when the opertunity came up by growing out some fry and seeing how it would go. Even a few weeks prior to the suspected spawning Sean was over and said that they were too young/small to spawn.. At the first signs of spawnings i got ahold of Sean to ask if it infact was spawning, since i admit, i am not a huge cichlid fan and no absolutely nothing about them. This is where it led to the account on msn with me asking him with the best words that fit for the time as i was actually fairly excited they were spawning.

Yaya.. It may look a little funny, but please give me a little respect. How is one to learn if they do not ask questions.

Edited by madattiver

Yaya.. It may look a little funny, but please give me a little respect. How is one to learn if they do not ask questions.

I'm not laughing at you... i'm laughing at your descriptive words...

i haven't heard wang/poop shoot in forever...

you are right as well when you describe it as a "gopher with its cheeks full of nuts"...

I remember my first spawn as i was able to take a couple of video's of my yellow labs going at it...

i mean no disrespect...

nev

Nope, if you disrespect the guy it has to be about his drinking abilities. Got a good story about that too! :beer:

Well, you have allready embarassed the hell out of him :blush: , you may as well tell us the drinking story too. And no Adam we are not laughing at you we are laughing with you.(Even if you yourself is not laughing). Great collection of Corydoras by the way. Okay we might be laughing a little at you. But only a little, I swear.