My New Tank

So I finally got my new tank up and running. I also got a new camera so it's picture time again.

It's a 20g with a 20g sump, there is a corner overflow with a stockman standpipe and dual returns from the sump that add up to about 350 g/hr.

Here's a full tank shot:

fulltank.jpg

Things have only been in there for about 24 hours but things are looking pretty good. It's all been through a pretty tough ride, going into a temporary tank for a couple weeks because I wanted to put the new tank in the same location as the old one. Aside from my Xenia colony looking really bad, you can see it on the lower right corner and a missing firefish (I hope he's just hiding) everything came through very well.

Here's a picture of the sump. It has a skimmer chamber then a fuge area and then the return. I was originally going to use the fuge area just to grow macro algae and have a little shelf in there for frags but I may end up using it for a mantis as well so there is some sand in there now. If I don't get the mantis I'll probably take the sand out.

sump.jpg

Here's a couple of coral shots. I'm still messing with the new camera so I don't have decent pics of the pink zoos or the gorgonian.

hairytoadstool.jpg

greenzoa.jpg

SunCoral.jpg

Before the tang police get all over me... Yes I know, it's just in there because it was scrapping with one of my puffers, I will move it once I decide what to do with it.

Really nice Aaron...

Still hoping to get a small system such as yours up and running but spare time is dictating otherwise right now. What kind of skimmer did you use in your sump?

It's a Coralife Super Skimmer, the 65 gal model. It's a touchy little b*tch, overflows pretty easy. I was using it HOB for a while but I'd never do that again without adding a drain for the collection cup. That's part of the reason I built the sump system in the first palce.

It does it's job when it's dialed in though, considering how cheap they are it's a decent value. If I had to do it again I'd be looking for an ASM Mini I think.