Tall Plants

Raven

In the 50 all i have is short but bushy java fern, in the 20 ive gotten that tricking amazon sword to take root but its short too. So im looking for something that grows taller and that way ill make more hiding places and stuff in the tanks. Any ideas?

I have some jungle Val and some Corkscrew Val in my 30" high and the Jungle is folded at the top and the cork screw touches the top. Not all of it ofcourse but as it grows it will !!

Crypt. balansae is another good option - when it's healthy, it has dark red stems - a nice contrast to the green :)

water onion, hornwort never stops growing can be tied down and bunched together, rotala rotundafolia sp?

anubias barteri variation barteri( i got one last auction that was 8inches high! hygrophylias as well

all very easy to grow !!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by finaddict

will they be able to survive in low light conditions? i only have the origanail lights that came with the tank.

Just about everything listed so far will do fine in low light - they just won't grow very fast, is all. :)

cool, thanks guys. ill see if i notice any of them at the auction this weekend and ill try and grab some. Or if you see em and i dont, point em out me, the pregnant lady, lol.

cool, thanks guys. ill see if i notice any of them at the auction this weekend and ill try and grab some. Or if you see em and i dont, point em out me, the pregnant lady, lol.

Can't tell you about Edmonton LFSs, but if you come to Calgary, Pisces usually has fresh supplies of Hygrophila difformis. They go for about $3 for a 2-3 stems bunch. You may also post your wish list in the Plants Give-away/Swap section (pinned).

Cheers and good luck!

Edited by Milan

Nature's Corner is a good source of different kinds of plants - that's where I take my left-overs if nobody here wants 'em!

Ill keep that in mind for a day were im really bored and decide to leave the north end. Thats what sucks about this city, nothing good is anywhere near here, its always the south and west ends. Grrrr.