NLS

Larry

I realize that NLS make different food for different fish. I have some cichlids in with my other tetras and the like. Well, I have two purple parrots in my community tank with swords, rainbows, rams, tetras, loaches and angels. I usually feed this tanks mysis shrimp, brine shiimp or Tetramin. I was thinking of trying my cichlid NLS in this tank. Is there any reason why not? Should I use something else?

Larry

I'd probably go w. the Community pellets - that's what I feed to my community tank that has tetras, Kribs and shrimp.

I was thinking of trying my cichlid NLS in this tank. Is there any reason why not?

Not really. Although the ingredient proportions are different in most formulas, all of the various ingredients used in each formula are fairly identical. In other words, there's no reason that you can't used the Cichlid formula in a mixed tank.

I would try the all purpose. It is cheaper because you can get the bigger package (600g & 2270g vs 150g & 300g)

I don't believe that you'll find any stores in Edmonton that carry 2270 gram pails, although that may soon change. ;) Also, according to my recent discussions with Pablo the All Purpose formula will probably be discontinued in the near future. The good news is (at least for some people), he's currently working on formulating a 1mm floating pellet.

So do I, Pat, for less than BA's, so what's your point?

Without divulging any proprietary information I will only say this, if I had my choice between feeding the All Purpose, and the Cichlid formula, to a community tank that contained cichlids, I'd feed the Cichlid formula. For the same reason that I would feed the Marine formula, to SW fish.

Pat, you need to get out more often. :lol:

At one time I was the only person in Canada that had NLS for sale, including the 5lb pails.

I started this company in Feb 05 and have been selling NLS across Canada since then. We became incorporated last month, and with the exception of BA's, I now supply all retail outlets in Western Canada.

In Calgary Golds carries the 'pail' sizes in 1mm, 3mm, 6mm, and as of today the 7.5 mm, and the H20 Wafers.